« The Flash Detente process is a very useful invention for us. This technique has enabled us to modify the profiles of our wines, making them fruitier and rounder and perfectly suited to the tastes of the world market. We are delighted with all the technical possibilities that this technology offers! »
Viña La Rosa CHILI
HOW IT WORKS
The “Flash Detente” thermovinification process works by quickly heat-treating the grapes at a high temperature, then immediately cooling them by pressure reduction.
The harvest is heated to a temperature of 85°C
Flash Détente 30 t/h
OPERATING THE EQUIPMENT
The process is entirely controlled by a programmable logic
controller (PLC) which regulates the temperature when the
grapes leave the heating chamber depending on the type of
vinification chosen (hot pre-fermentation maceration: 70°C,
Flash Detente thermovinification: 85°C.)
A simple and intuitive touchscreen interface enables the operator to control the various operating parameters (temperatures, maceration time) and informs the operator of any operational problems.
• Stable colour and aromas.
• Denatures harmful enzymes (laccase, polyphenol and oxidase).
• The full potential of the grapes is revealed.
• Better incorporated yeasts: optimised fermentation kinetics.
• Fewer refits, labour saving.
• The entire volume of the tank is used.
• Better temperature control during fermentation.
• Fermentation volumes up 25% with the same amount of energy.
• Easier to empty the tank (if vinification in liquid phase).
• Continuous process up to alcoholic fermentation.
• Reduced heating costs thanks to greater flexibility with dates of harvesting.
• Improved cellar capacities to produce new styles of wine or juice.
• Optimised cellar with more opportunities for the vinification team.
• Fermentation capacity increased by 25% for the same energy input.
• Simple and intuitive touchscreen interface.
Grapes fermented after flash