This innovative thermovinification process significantly improves the quality of the wines and adapts the type of wine to consumer requests.
"We consider this Flash detente thermovinification process to be a very worthwhile invention. This technique has enabled us to modify the profiles of our wines, making them fruitier and rounder and perfectly suited to the expectations of the world market. We are delighted with all the technical features that this technology makes possible! “
Viña La Rosa CHILE
1- Heating the grapes: two tools available
Flash Détente 30 t/h
2- Pressure reductionThe heat-treated grapes are fed into the vacuum chamber. This high vacuum chamber causes an almost instantaneous cooling of the grapes. The vapour generated is condensed. The condensates and the run-off juices are fed back into the pump.
The process is entirely controlled by a programmable automat which regulates the temperature when the grapes leave the heating chamber depending on the type of vinification chosen (Hot pre-fermentation maceration: 70°C, flash detente thermovinfication: 85°C).
A simple and intuitive tactile interface allows the operator to control the various operating parameters (temperatures and maceration time) and informs the operator of any operating faults.
Flash detente thermovinification process operating principle
• Stable colour and aromas
• Alters the harmful enzymes (laccase, polyphenol and oxidase)
• The wines obtained are less sensitive to deterioration from oxidation
• The full potential of the grapes is revealed
• Fewer pumping over, labour saving
• The entire volume of the tank is used
• Strong - and faster - alcoholic fermentation
• Better temperature control during fermentation
• Fermentation volumes up 25% with the same amount of energy
• Easier tank drainage (if vinification in liquid phase)
• Better coolant exchange during fermentation
• Continuous process up to the alcoholic fermentation
• Reduced heating costs thanks to greater flexibility in harvesting dates
• Improved cellar capacities to produce new styles of wine or juice
• Optimised cellar with more opportunities for the vinification team
• Fermentation capacity increased by 25% for the same energy input
• Simple and intuitive tactile interface
Vacuum chamber, 7 t/h, with condenser
Grapes fermented after flash